Thursday, June 4, 2009

NU day on BTN is June 8th

Monday June 8th is Northwestern day on the Big Ten Network. Three basketball games make the list, but I have to say my all time favorite, the 75-74 win over Iowa on Michael Jenkins three buzzer-beating three, does not make the list and I’m a little disappointed (thought it is permanently saved on my TIVO). The game which are on are:

5AM 1988 – Northwestern, 66 Indiana, 64. Bill Foster’s biggest win as NU coach and the only time I know of that Dicky V. made it to Welsh-Ryan to broadcast the ‘Cats.

7PM 2009 – Northwestern, 70 Michigan State, 63. Though this didn’t turn out to be the springboard for an NCAA Tournament run I thought it might be, it is still the most impressive win of what was a very solid hoops season.

3AM (June 9) 2006 – Northwestern, 51 Iowa, 48. The year after Michael Jenkins, Evan Seacat and Vedran Vukusic made key three pointers to lead NU back for a double digit deficit.

Also on TV: ESPN College Football Live is having a 50 states in 50 days tour. Illinois will be the focus near the end of the tour on August 3rd.

No comments: