Monday, February 16, 2009

The Polls are Closed

The poll on NU’s postseason destination has closed and I am pleased to see that despite recent struggles 49% of voters still believe NU will make the NIT. In fact, overall 74% still believe NU will make the postseason. I personally think NU needs to win three of their remaining six games to guarantee an NIT spot. I believe winning two of the final six, which I see as more likely, will get NU into the CBI or CIT. However, NU might not receive a home game in the postseason if they cannot finish at least three games above .500 overall. Knowing NU’s road struggles, a home game would probably help. That said, the Big Ten tournament still offers NU a chance to make the Big Dance. Other than Ohio State, who NU hasn’t played yet, the Wildcats have played every Big Ten team well, even if they haven’t won. The only bad loss was on the road at Wisconsin, which I think is certainly forgivable. So, in the end I’m hoping those four people who voted NU’s destination as the NCAA tournament will be the one’s who voted correctly in the poll.

No comments: