Monday, November 17, 2008

Victory Stories, Uniforms, and Moore

Let me start with some links to stories about the ‘Cats victory yesterday. Hopefully, we’ll have far more than eight victory stories in the various Chicago papers this year.

Trib: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-17-basketball-northwesternnov17,0,216649.story

Sun-Times: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/1283017,CST-SPT-nubk17.article


Uniforms
Let me start this topic by saying I’m something of a uniforms nerd. I really enjoy the various hall of fame exhibits that track uniform changes over the years and I get excited to see how teams change their wear from season to season. As a result, I couldn’t help put notice Northwestern actually had two sets of uniforms on the court Sunday. The older players had the same jerseys as last season, but the new guys had different jerseys on. The major difference was the type face for “Northwestern” was much smaller on the newer uniforms. I don’t know if this is a case of the old uniforms being phased out and the new ones not arriving for everybody, or simply a mistake by the uniform designer when creating the new uniforms, but I found it odd. I really hope the old uniforms aren’t being phased out as I’m not a fan of the tinny tiny “Northwestern” on the new uniforms.

Moore
I wanted to offer my congratulations to Craig Moore for tying Vedran Vukusic’s school record of 212 three pointers. I know some people are worried about Craig’s slow start fearing a season similar to his dreadful sophomore campaign. I’m not worried. I suspect Craig’s slow start is similar to a baseball player who goes 0-for-15 when he gets to hit 2,999. It’s sometimes tough to get over the mental block needed to set a record, but when Craig drills 213 Wednesday I think he’ll get into a groove.

Thanks
Finally, a big thanks to all those who offered positive comments here or on Wildcat Report about the start of this blog. I appreciate the support and will do my best to give you worthwhile stories to read.

No comments: