Friday, June 19, 2009

NU Upset Over MSU is Big Ten Network Game of the Year for 08-09

Northwestern's 70-63 upset over Michigan State was named the Big Ten Network Game of the Year for the 08-09 season on tonight's Big Ten Network Awards. This is a nice win for the 'Cats, though, I'm sure they'd have traded the award for an NCAA bid. Still, it has been a long time since an NU basketball win could have even been considered for such an award. If the BTN was around in 93-94 then NU's OT win over the Fab Four (No Weber) might have taken home the title, but honestly that's about it in the last 15 years (I mean personally I plan to vote the Michael Jenkins game as Game of the Decade, but I think that's more a personal view because of the fun I had that night at Welsh-Ryan than a fair look at how meaningful the win was). Anyhow, I say thanks to the BTN for the award, but like Coach Carmody and his team I'm hoping for bigger and better awards and rewards next season.

As a look back here's my postgame report: http://welsh-ryanramblings.blogspot.com/2009/01/stunner-cats-upset-7-spartans-70-63-in.html

Thanks to NUBears, here are the highlights: http://northwesternhighlights.blogspot.com/2009/02/northwestern-wildcats-basketball-vs_4452.html

No comments: